Thursday, May 16, 2013

The Office


So with all the retrospectives about The Office going around, I felt like I should contribute.  The Office has been one of my all time favorite shows.  I love TV so that's saying a lot.  Ben doesn't love TV the same way I do, but this show was special to both of us and our relationship.  I mentioned it before, but there was one night in particular that stands out for me.  Ben and I were in a long distance relationship for a long time (which is another post in and of itself).  I was visiting him in Clemson from Indianapolis where I lived.  Ben lived in an apartment with a brick wall so he set up a dart board.  I get pretty competitive, but Ben will never let me win (thanks for that).  We stayed up the entire night playing darts and watching episodes of The Office, maybe seasons 2 & 3??, and just having a great time.  It's such a good memory for me.
 
There are just so many ridiculously hilarious moments in this show over the years.  Yes, I think it changed a bit when Steve Carell left, but there still so many fabulous moments.  Watching these retrospectives I was reminded of so many absolutely gut wrenching funny moments that I had forgotten about over the years.  I think we have the first 5 or 6 seasons, and I'm really looking forward to going back and watching them. It was just truly the best.  Let's remember:
  • Agent Michael Scarn
  • Michael and his jeans
  • Andy and his anger control issues
  • Big Tuna
  • All the hilarious pranks Jim pulled on Dwight
  • The Injury (my personal favorite)
  • The fight
  • The assistant to the regional manager
  • That's what she said (obviously)
  • Prison Mike
  • Michael's lady suit
  • Oscar and Andy getting drunk and bonding in Canada
  • I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.
  • Yankee SWAP
  • Andy's southern accent...It's like molasses spilling out of my mouth
  • and soo soo many more
(And Jim and Pam....THE BEST.)

No comments:

Post a Comment