Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ollie

This is my dog Ollie and me. Ben, Ollie, and I went on a hike over the 4th of July weekend in Keowee Toxaway which is about 45 minutes away. Ollie's full name is Oliver Painter. Oliver because we liked it, and Painter after Matt Painter, Purdue's basketball coach. I'm sure Purdue will play a prominent role on this blog later. We just call him Ollie. We adopted him from a no-kill rescue in the area (Upstate Animal Rescue) in November 2009. He is 2 1/2 and is our baby. This picture doesn't do his cuteness justice. He is a keeshound mix, but we're not sure what other breeds he has in him. We thought he would be a bit of a baby outdoors based on looks alone; we could not have been more wrong. This dog LOVES hiking and being outside. He is a much better hiker than I am. He loves his dad, running around the yard, chasing cats and chipmunks, and being petted. He hates thunderstorms and us leaving him. He can have his annoying moments (typically when he won't let us sleep during thunderstorms), but I can't imagine our lives without him. I love my Ollie!

No comments:

Post a Comment